“Can a corrupt throne be allied with you–a throne that brings on misery by decrees?”–Psalm 94:20 (NIV)
The New Living Translation puts it this way: “Can unjust leaders claim that God is on their side— leaders whose decrees permit injustice?“
While claiming God is on His side, he has:
- Updated the immigration enforcement laws which massively expanded the number of people who were detained or deported
- Made friends with autocratic dictators, while alienating our long-standing allies
- When it was made public that Putin offered bounties for American soldiers, he DID NOTHING. In fact, he seems to serve Putin’s Russia. Susan Rice, former National Security Advisor, says it is unthinkable that no-one in the president’s close circle informed him of this. You might like to read her op-ed, Why Does Trump Put Russia First?
- Passed tax reform act that mostly benefited the wealthy and large corporations
- Rescinded the DAPA program that would have offered a pathway to citizenship to parents of children who are American citizens
- Continued to profit from his businesses while acting as president, which is in violation of the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution
- The Secret Service has spent over half a million dollars on golf carts protecting the president who has spent almost one out of three days playing golf at one of his resorts
- Set up ICE detention centers for immigrants where the conditions are appalling and it is estimated that over 1,000 people have been separated from their families
- The two private prisons that house more than half the immigrant detainees have doubled in stock value; the prison groups (GEO and CoreCivic) have donated approximately a million dollars to Trump and his campaign
- Encouraged his supporters to vote more than once to throw suspicion on our democratic election processes
- Lied to the American people about the severity of the Corona Virus, and has never really shown remorse for over 200,000 American deaths. Instead, he has said repeatedly, “It will all just go away…” (He gives himself an A+ for his leadership on the pandemic).
- His cabinet is filled with corporate executives and lobbyists who now oversee the companies they worked for: a coal lobbyist heads up the Environmental Protection Agency; a big pharma executive runs the Dept. of Health & Human Services; a shipping heiress drives the Transportation Department; ex-Goldman-Sachs partners run the SEC and the Treasury Department; the owner of a dozen agribusiness companies directs the Agriculture Department… that’s only a few. Look ’em all up. He said he would drain the swamp — instead he’s quadrupled the size of it… (For a jaw-dropping look at the corruption see this article: Mapping Corruption, Donald Trump’s Executive Branch by Jim Lardner.
When a not insignificant number of Americans are willing to bypass the Constitution to keep a demagogue in power, that’s a grave threat to our republic. In 50 days—or sooner, if your state allows—we must vote in overwhelming numbers in defense of our Constitution and encourage others to do the same. —Evan McMullin, The Topline, 9/14/20
Indeed, the corruption and injustice of this administration has brought misery by its decrees; this corruption, deception, incompetence and slothfulness in the office of the highest ruler in our land should frighten us. Just read Proverbs 16:12: “It is an abomination for kings to commit wicked acts, for a throne is established on righteousness.” The fame, fortune, and future of a civil government depend on righteousness. For a longer discussion on this proverb, you can check out this commentary.
2 thoughts on “thirty biblical reasons to vote democratic in 2020: #24 Corruption”
All of this is just mind-boggling, isn’t it?
I didn’t even cover most of what I read! Check out that link at the end if you really want to be appalled.
On the other hand, it’s all the same stuff—corporate and business interests rule. Particularly bad in this time of vaccine controversy is HHS chair is a former Exec, maybe CEO, of Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.